A part-time Youth Director is sought to serve in the youth group of Wilson's Mills Baptist Church (WMBC) in Smithfield, NC.
The Youth Director to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. Qualified applicants who request to begin the service at part-time capacities, or as an internship, will also be considered.
Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive youth ministry (in the
areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role
The Youth Director will help:
- Create a Youth Ministry that effectively reaches non-Christian youth.
- Lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Develop within students a Biblical worldview.
- Bring students together for genuine, Christian fellowship.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a comprehensive youth ministry, taking into consideration the spiritual and social-emotional development of youth (6th grade and above).
- Help students develop the spiritual disciplines of worship, Bible study, prayer, and living and sharing their faith.
- Oversee and teach at Sunday Bible studies and small group meetings.
- Plan and coordinate events and activities such as retreats, camps, short mission trips, community service, outreach events/activities, etc.
- Make efforts to be available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. visitation, times of crisis).
- Ensure that safe environment policies are observed in all youth ministry settings.
- Have a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Uphold the expectations of servant leaders in the Scriptures.
- Maintain integrity beyond reproach through a moral and ethical lifestyle.
- Have God-honoring relationships with family and friends.
- Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic about youth ministry.
- Experience in working with youth groups.
- Graduated or about to graduate from college.
- Have a doctrinal position that matches the Baptist Faith and Message.
- Seminary training is a plus.
If interested, please submit the following to: Info@WMBCNC.com
Resume; 3 references (name, phone number or email); Personal testimony;
Optional materials that may help us to know you more (e.g. ministry calling and/or vision, sermon recording).